Read, Create, Explore, Discover
24 Interactive thematic lesson plans for young children
“Build, measure, paint and read all about bugs and butterflies!”
Get ready for fun and learning with preschool unit lesson plans for Bugs & Butterflies. This thematic unit is packed with literature based activities that are easy to prepare and fun to implement.
- Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities!
- Build vocabulary and early literacy skills with songs and games!
- Get learners ready for school with printable pages!
Easy to follow lesson plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners.
This unit includes activities for
literacy math sensory exploration crafts science social studies gross motor social and emotional well being
Butterflies, caterpillars, insects
• The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
• Inch by Inch by Leo Lionni
• The Very Quiet Cricket by Eric Carle
• Bugs A to Z by Caroline Lawton
• Butterfly Butterfly by Petr Horacek
Activities at a glance:
• Pool Noodle Name Caterpillar
• Insect Letter Formation
• Caterpillar Alphabet Crawl
• Story Retelling
• Alphabet Matching Puzzles
• Inchworm Measuring
• Counting Inchworms
• Ladybug Counting Craft
• Butterfly Counting Cards
• Inchworm Play Dough Activity
• Handprint Butterfly Life Cycle
• Build Your Own Insect
• Drink Like a Butterfly
• B is for Butterfly
• Egg Carton Snails
• Stone Bugs
• Fine Motor Bug Sorting Activity
• Hungry Caterpillar Game
• Bug Sensory Bin
• Sensory Butterfly
• Bug Exercises
• Sticky Spiderweb
• Make Your Own Cricket Wings
• Butterfly Color Activity
Developed by a team of talented teachers and parents, these activities range from whole group circle time ideas to active learning games. All lesson plans have been carefully crafted and kid tested!
Whether you are a new teacher developing an entire preschool curriculum, a veteran teacher searching for new inspiration, or a parent homeschooling your preschooler, you'll find everything you need in these Preschool Unit Lesson Plans.
This is a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD product