Read, Create, Explore, Discover
24 Interactive thematic lesson plans for young children
“Step back in time with dinosaurs. Make sure to figure out your name--osaurus first!”
Get ready for fun and learning with preschool unit lesson plans for Dinosaurs. This thematic unit is packed with literature based activities that are easy to prepare and fun to implement.
- Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities!
- Build vocabulary and early literacy skills with songs and games!
- Get learners ready for school with printable pages!
Easy to follow lesson plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners.
This unit includes activities for
literacy math sensory exploration crafts science social studies gross motor social and emotional well being
Dinosaurs, fossils, eggs
• Dinosaur Dance by Sandra Boynton
• How Do Dinosaurs Learn Their Colors? by Jane Yolen
• Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs by Mo Willems
• Harry and the Bucketful of Dinosaurs by Ian Whybrow
• Fossils Tell of Long Ago by Aliki
Activities at a glance:
• Dinosaur Names
• Caaannnn Yooouuu Sssppppeak Ddddiiiinnnnoooo?
• Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs Literacy Center Prop Basket
• Dinosaur Alphabet Stomp
• Color Mixing
• Counting Dino Eggs
• Paper Plate Dinosaur Counting Activity
• Fossilized Footprint Number Puzzles
• Dinosaur Ten Frames
• Dinosaur Fossils
• Hidden Fossil Painting
• Sponge Print Dinosaur Art
• Paper Plate Dinosaurs
• Discover a New Dinosaur
• Dinosaur Pre-Writing Mud Tray
• Dinosaur Building
• Dino Prints
• Color Dinosaur Bones Sensory Bin
• Do the Dinosaur Dance
• Going on a Dinosaur Hunt
• Fossils in the Block Center
• Dinosaur, Dinosaur, Where’s Your Bone?
• Small and Large Dinosaur Activity
Social / Emotional:
• Dinosaur Washing
Developed by a team of talented teachers and parents, these activities range from whole group circle time ideas to active learning games. All lesson plans have been carefully crafted and kid tested!
Whether you are a new teacher developing an entire preschool curriculum, a veteran teacher searching for new inspiration, or a parent homeschooling your preschooler, you'll find everything you need in these Preschool Unit Lesson Plans.
This is a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD product