Read, Create, Explore, Discover
24 Interactive thematic lesson plans for young children
“Blast off into an action-packed learning adventure. From sorting moon rocks to painting stars, young learners will explore space in this unit.”
Get ready for fun and learning with preschool unit lesson plans for Space. This thematic unit is packed with literature based activities that are easy to prepare and fun to implement.
- Explore a variety of themed hands-on activities!
- Build vocabulary and early literacy skills with songs and games!
- Get learners ready for school with printable pages!
Easy to follow lesson plans include activity modifications and adaptations to meet the needs of all learners.
This unit includes activities for
literacy math sensory exploration crafts science social studies gross motor social and emotional well being
Sun, moon, stars
• How to Catch a Star by Oliver Jeffers
• On the Launch Pad: A Counting Book About • Rockets by Michael Dahl
• Papa, Please Get the Moon for Me by Eric Carle
• Zoo in the Sky by Jaqueline Mitton
• The Sun is My Favorite Star by Frank Asch
Activities at a glance:
• Moon Landing
• Name Rocket
• Moon Sand Writing Tray
• Shooting Star Syllables
• S is for Star
• Counting Sun Rays
• Star Ten Frame Cards
• Space Spin & Cover
• Moon Rock Math
• Constellation Geoboard
• Moon Phase Sequencing
• What is Air
• Straw Rockets
• Constellation Play Dough
• Moon Craters
• Moon and Sun Collage
• Hidden Moon Pictures
• Myself as an Astronaut
• Moon Rock Letters
• Constellation Creations
• Counting Stars Sensory Bin
• Star Sensory Bottle
• Catching Stars Game
• Alphabet Match Stars
• Rocket Countdown Activity
Developed by a team of talented teachers and parents, these activities range from whole group circle time ideas to active learning games. All lesson plans have been carefully crafted and kid tested!
Whether you are a new teacher developing an entire preschool curriculum, a veteran teacher searching for new inspiration, or a parent homeschooling your preschooler, you'll find everything you need in these Preschool Unit Lesson Plans.